Facebook is the best platform where you can easily communicate with your friends and family members. Using it, you can share your ideas, thoughts, opinions, songs, movies, and many more others. In the present time, everyone uses Facebook to communicate with friends. You can easily use it on every device. But sometimes the users of Facebook decide to leave Facebook account due to privacy and any other reason. So you can do this by following the given steps.
How to delete a Facebook account permanently?
If you want to delete your FB account along with your data, messages, photos, and information will be removed, and you can’t access that account again. Therefore, you can take backup and download your data before deletion.
To download your data follow the given steps:
- Choose “Settings” on the Facebook menu.
- Hit on the link at the bottom of the main Facebook menu. It will be defined: “Download the copy of FB data.”
After taking the backup of your data, you can delete your account by following the given steps.
- Log in to your Facebook account.
- Go to https://www.facebook.com/help/delete account.
- Hit or tap on “Delete my account.”
- Follow the on-screen instructions to confirm the deletion if you want to cancel it, so you have 14 days to cancel the deletion request if you regret your decision.
Alternatively, to sign in, click on “Settings” then “General,” then “manage the account.” Find the “Request account deletion” in the middle of the page, and hit on the given link.
Careful, that it could Facebook up to 90 days to delete all the posts, photos, or status updates. But the best thing is that this data is not accessible to other people while the deletion is taking place. Also, a friend could have messages from you in their account. This information will remain visible on the FB platform, even after you delete your FB account, as it is data that is stored in your friend’s accounts.
How to Deactivate Facebook Account?
You have an option to deactivate your Facebook account if complete deletion is not the right thing for you to do at this moment. If you select to deactivate your Facebook account, then your profile will not be visible to other people on Facebook. To deactivate your Facebook account, you can also follow the given steps:
- Hit on the arrow down button at the top left-hand corner of the screen.
- Choose “Setting” on the Facebook main menu.
- Find and select “General” in the left-hand column.
- Hit on “Manage Account.”
- Press the “Deactivate your account” link.
- Follow the on-screen instructions to confirm the deactivation of the FB account.