Gmail is one of the most used email service providers, which has more than 425 million active users all over the world. This is one of the best services, and it can be accessed from the system as well as a smartphone. Gmail is moving ahead, leaving behind all it’s competitors since It offers an initial storage capacity of 1 GB per user from the time of launch. Today it reached up to 15 GB. Gmail is a free email service that earns its revenue through advertising.Gmail can be accessed through the web and a device running Android or iOS, as Gmail is also available as an app on both these platforms. It is always accessible through a third-party platform such as IMAP and POP.
How to Create a Gmail Account?
How to log in to Gmail?
If you want to log in to your Gmail account, you need to follow the simple steps outlined below:
- First, go to gmail.com using the browser.
- Then, put your email or phone number and press “Next”.
- Now, enter the password on the next page, and hit “Next” again.
- If you have entered your information correctly, you will be able to login to your account and view, manage and reply to your emails.
As far as using Gmail on your mobile phone is concerned, you need to follow the steps below in the same order as they are mentioned.
- Download the Gmail application from Google Play Store or Apple’s app store, depending on the platform your phone is running.
- Launch the app on which it will ask you for your account details.
- Entering your account details and logging into your account.
- Now you will be able to use the app to access your emails without having to log in every time; you need to fire up the app and drag below, and it will refresh your emails.
- For adding another account, you need to click on the menu bar option that is stable at the top left in the app.
- Now scroll to the bottom and hit on “ Settings”.
- You will find an option “ Add account,” hit on it and you will be able to add another email account, not only a Gmail account but even accounts from other email providers.
Common problems in logging to Gmail
One of the most common problems is the users don’t manage their Gmail account is merely putting wrong username or password. Of course, you can click the back button if that’s the case and re-enter the details. The most common problem is forgetting either the username or password. In some cases, there may be a hacking attempt or some other suspicious activity on the account, which may lead to your account getting locked for security purposes. In this case, you need to verify the account belongs to you through mobile verification or by answering the security questions. It depends on what you are asked to do when trying to login to your account.
Once you manage to verify your account, you will need to change your password, after which you will be able to use your account regularly.
How to recover forgotten Gmail account’s password or username?
If you forgot your username, you need to click on the “ Forgot email?” option on the login page. It will ask to enter your recovery email or phone number; open it and click “Next.” You will now be asked to enter your first and last name.
Now a one-time verification code will come on your recovery email or phone number, which you will need to enter to recover your username. If you want to recover your password, you need to apply the given steps.
- First, to recover your password, you need to click on “forgot password?” option that is stable on the login page.
- Then, enter the email address associated with the account you are trying to retrieve the password.
- Insert the recovery email or phone number as requested.
- You may also be asked to answer your security question that you had set while you are creating your Gmail account.
- Now Gmail will be sent a 6-digit code to your recovery email or phone number, that you need to enter into the given box.
- Now you can set a new password for your email account.